- Updated the various option screens on the Rate Quick Add Wizard to show four decimal places for all Rate and Rate Variable fields and all Age Type drop downs to include ‘As of Enrollment Anniversary’ and ‘As of Group Anniversary’. (Image 1)
- There is now a new generation and payment process for Distributions. Under Billing Services there is a new “Distributions” selection in place of the old “Generate Distributions” wizard. This option will bring you to the Distributions Management screen where you can administer all aspects of your distribution payments (Image 3). Please contact VBA for additional training on this new approach to distributions.
- The new Distributions screen (Image 4) gives you all the same capabilities that existed prior to this change as well as a number of additional options that add flexibility to the distribution process. Newly generated distributions are now generated without automatically generating the check. This new screen allows for the review and modifications of those resulting distribution transactions before a check is generated.
- Add a custom distribution entry – Right-Click in the “Distribution Check Details” section to be prompted with an “Add” option where you can enter a custom distribution amount for the selected check. You can also Right-Click in the “Distribution Checks” section to be prompted with a window (Image 5) where you can enter a custom distribution for a Payor/Account to Payee combination that is not already available.
- Change an existing distribution amount – Each existing entry can be modified using the Override Distribution Amount field available on each distribution entry. Entering an override value gives a red box as a visual cue letting you know that a particular distribution has been overridden. If you have overridden an amount in error, you can Right-Click on that entry and select “Clear Override” to remove that override amount.
- Generate Distribution – if you are looking to generate new distribution transactions you can select the “Generate Distribution” button on this screen and you will be prompted with the familiar Generate Distributions Wizard where new transactions are generated.
- Generate Checks – using this option allows you to take the resulting distribution transactions and generate a check for those transactions (Image 6).
- In order to improve our accounting accuracy, we now allow for the binding of Premium Payments to an associated Funding Receipt. This happens automatically and does not require any additional steps by the user. When you populate the Payor/Account on a Premium Payment, the system will automatically attach a corresponding Funding Receipt that will reflect against the account balance. This change creates better communication between our Claim Funding and Premium Billing modules and allows for more accurate accounting (Image 7).
- Updated the Premiums detail screen to show four decimal places for all Rate and Rate Variable fields and all Age Type drop downs to include ‘As of Enrollment Anniversary’ and ‘As of Group Anniversary’. (Image 2)
Image 1 – Rate Quick Add Wizard Age Type and Rate Changes
Image 2 – Group Premium Age Type and Rate Changes
Image 3 – New Distribution Option
Image 4 – Distributions Management
Image 5 – Custom Distributions Entry
Image 6 – Generate Distribution Checks
Image 7 – Premium Payment bound to Funding Receipt
Ready to schedule your free demo? Call us now at 1-866-731-1571.